School Sexual Abuse Lawyers
Sex Abuse Attorneys Fighting for Victims Abused in Schools
We entrust teachers, administrators, and other faculty in our schools to provide instruction and protection to our children. Unfortunately, not all school teachers and staff uphold their obligations for providing a safe environment to children – some use their position of trust and power to sexually abuse or assault students, and pressure them into keeping silent.
If your child has been a victim of sexual abuse in school, you suspect they may have suffered abuse at the hands of school faculty, or you are an adult who suffered sex abuse in school as a child, taking decisive action with the help of experienced attorneys is critical.
At The Zalkin Law Firm, we represent children and families who wish to pursue civil legal action against teachers and other school staff alleged to have committed abuse, as well as school administrators and school districts that failed to adequately investigate claims and protect children. In addition to ensuring others do not suffer abuse, our mission is to help survivors seek the justice and compensation they deserve.
Have questions about your legal rights following child sex abuse in school? Call or contact us online to request a FREE consultation.
A Proven Record of Success
The Zalkin Law Firm is exclusively focused on fighting for the injured and the wronged, including sex abuse survivors and their families. Over our years in practice, we have become known as national leaders in child sex abuse litigation, and have cultivated the extensive experience, resources, and professional connections needed to successfully resolve these difficult cases.
Our award-winning trial lawyers have successfully represented clients who were abused in public schools, private schools, and religious schools, as well as victims of campus sexual assault and abuse at colleges across the country. Examples of our case results in these matters include:
- $1.5 million settlement for a 24-year-old male abused as a minor by a public school coach.
- $1 million settlement against a religious school over child sex abuse that occurred more than 20 years ago.
- $1 million settlement on behalf of two victims sexually abused by their elementary school teacher.
- $550,000 settlement in a childhood sexual abuse case involving a teacher at a private high school.
- $500,000 settlement for a 28-year-old male survivor abused as a minor by a teacher and coach at a religious school.
Over the course of 20 years, The Zalkin Law Firm has settled hundreds of sexual abuse cases, and has recovered millions in compensation for survivors. Our cases have had a tremendous impact on the lives of victims and their loved ones, and have brought about needed changes and protections that help ensure schools and other organizations are held accountable when they fail to keep kids safe.
Child Sexual Abuse - Single Victim $4,250,000
$4.25 Million paid to single sexual abuse Plaintiff.
Child Sexual Abuse - Single Victim $4,150,000
$4.15 Million paid to single sexual abuse Plaintiff.
Child Sexual Abuse - Single Victim $4,000,000
$4 Million paid to single sexual abuse Plaintiff.
Child Sexual Abuse - Single Victim $3,000,000
$3 Million paid to single sexual abuse Plaintiff.
Child Sexual Abuse - Single Victim $2,750,000
$2.75 Million paid to single sexual abuse Plaintiff.
Child Sexual Abuse - Single Victim $2,650,000
$2.65 Million paid to single sexual abuse Plaintiff.
Child Sexual Abuse - Single Victim $2,600,000
$2.60 Million paid to single sexual abuse Plaintiff.
Child Sexual Abuse - Single Victim $2,500,000
$2.50 Million paid to single sexual abuse Plaintiff.
Child Sexual Abuse - Multi-Victim $1,000,000
Two victims of childhood sexual abuse by their elementary school teacher.
Child Sexual Abuse - Single Victim $1,500,000
A 24-year-old male was abused as a minor by a public school coach.
Every school sex abuse case is unique, and your rights and options will depend on the particular facts and circumstances involved. For example:
- If you are the parent of a minor child who was sexually abused in school or by school staff, our experienced attorneys can help you explore options for pursuing civil legal action against the wrongdoer, the school, and others who had a legal responsibility for protecting students.
- If you are an adult who was sexually abused as a minor, you may have the right to pursue legal action against the at-fault parties. In many states, new legislation now allows adult survivors of child sex abuse to file civil lawsuits to recovery their damages, regardless of when the abuse occurred, or outside of the statute of limitation (i.e. California AB 218 and the NY Child Victims Act).
Other factors that may impact your case and the path through which you can seek justice may include when the abuse took place, and whether the school which employed the wrongdoer was a public or private institution. The type of abuse may also be a factor; however, a range of conduct can be considered child sex abuse, including:
- Inappropriate touching or comments
- Molestation, assault, and rape
- Inappropriate text messages
- Inappropriate relationships with minors
- Sexual contact in or outside of school
The Zalkin Law Firm has decades of experience handling a range of school abuse cases, and can provide the insight and guidance you need to best understand your available options.
If a confidential review of your case determines you may have options to seek legal action, you will have important rights as you navigate the process, including the right to confidentiality, the right to legal representation, and the right to present your side of the story before a judge and jury – though many cases are settled before the trial phase. As a victim of abuse, you also have the right to recover financial compensation for your damages, which may include your:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical expenses, medications, and psychological treatment
- Emotional anguish
- Lost income
- Other economic and non-economic damages arising from abuse
At The Zalkin Law Firm, our attorneys are passionate about protecting the rights of survivors during civil legal proceedings, investigations, and any internal or administrative hearings that may arise once abuse allegations have been made. In addition to providing legal support and guidance, our team also takes the time to provide clients with the resources and support they need to address the emotional and psychological toll of child sex abuse.
Request a FREE Case Evaluation
The Zalkin Law Firm proudly serves survivors across the U.S., and is readily available to discuss your potential case and how we can help during a free and confidential consultation. To speak with a school sex abuse attorney, call or contact us online.
For decades, our team at The Zalkin Law Firm has been representing survivors of sexual abuse throughout the country. Even if abuse had happened decades ago, we can help you get the justice and closure that you deserve. To get started, please reach out to our team today.