Supporting Organizations for Victims of Sexual Abuse
Survivors of sex abuse and assault are not alone. Today, there exist many organizations and advocates who are dedicated to helping survivors and their families. As a firm that has long advocated for abuse survivors, our team at The Zalkin Law Firm knows a system of support can be invaluable.
Some supporting organizations for survivors:
- Jewish Community Watch
- The Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests (SNAP)
- The National Partnership to End Interpersonal Violence
- Rady's Children's Hospital
- Academy on Violence and Abuse (AVA)
- California Dept. of Social Services, Office of Child Abuse Prevention
- California Network of Child Advocacy Centers (CNCAC)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Mayo Clinic Child and Family Advocacy Center
- National Children's Alliance (NCA)
- National District Attorney's Association (NDAA)
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC)
- National Criminal Justice Training Center (NCJTC)
- US Department of Justice, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP)
- Child Abuse and Family Violence Institute
- Children's Aid Society
- Kapi'olani Child Protection Center
- Male Survivor
- National Child Protection Training Center
- National Center on Domestic Violence, Trauma & Mental Health
- National Center on Domestic & Sexual Violence
- National Center for Victims of Crime
- San Diego Youth Services
Clergy Sexual Abuse - Multi-Victim $660,000,000
Irwin Zalkin was one of the lead trial lawyers and part of the trial team prepared to commence a 14 victim trial against the Roman Catholic Archbishop of Los Angeles, the day a global settlement was reached in the amount of $660,000,000.
Clergy Sexual Abuse - Multi-Victim $198,500,000
Irwin Zalkin was appointed Mediation Liaison Counsel and a lead negotiator by United States Magistrate Judge Leo S. Papas on behalf of over 144 victims of childhood sexual abuse against the Roman Catholic Bishop of San Diego.
Clergy Sexual Abuse - Multi-Victim $100,000,000
Irwin Zalkin was part of the team of lawyers representing clergy sexual abuse survivors in the Diocese of Orange, California who recently helped to negotiate the first $100,000,000 global settlement in the country involving childhood sexual abuse by members of the Catholic clergy.
Clergy Sexual Abuse - Multi-Victim $10,500,000
Multi-victim case against religious group home.
Clergy Sexual Abuse - Multi-Victim $8,000,000
Multi-victim case against a religious leader and institution.
Lohse v. Lakeland Village HOA (Oakland, CA) $8,000,000
An $8 Million judgment against a resort facility after a six-week jury trial for a woman who was rendered a paraplegic following a fall off of an unguarded pier.
Child Sexual Abuse - Single Victim $4,250,000
$4.25 Million paid to single sexual abuse Plaintiff.
Clergy Sexual Abuse - Multi-Victim $4,200,000
Three survivors abused as minors by priests associated with a Northern California Diocese.
Child Sexual Abuse - Single Victim $4,150,000
$4.15 Million paid to single sexual abuse Plaintiff.
Child Sexual Abuse - Single Victim $4,000,000
$4 Million paid to single sexual abuse Plaintiff.