California Motorcycle Accident Attorney
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, you might be wondering what to do next. You may be facing a long recovery process with significant medical bills, causing concern about making ends meet.
At The Zalkin Law Firm, P.C., our California attorneys can help. We know how to build a strong case and negotiate with insurance companies. When necessary, we can also take your case to trial.
For a free consultation with our personal injury lawyers, call (800) 477-2989 today.
California Motorcycle Accident Statistics
In an accident, motorcyclists generally suffer more serious injuries than those in other vehicles. According to the California Department of Motor Vehicles, motorcycle riders are 25 times more likely to be killed in a crash and four times more likely to be severely injured.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- More than 1 in 5 motorcyclists die in an accident
- Almost half of all motorcyclists involved in accidents are injured
- The severity of injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident can vary widely
Common Motorcycle Injuries
- Road rash
- Brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
- Drunk driving
- Failure to stop
- Failure to yield
- Drowsy driving
- Hit by a vehicle
- T-bone accidents
- Distracted driving
- Violating traffic laws
- Side-swipe accidents
- Defective parts or vehicle
- Vehicle rear-end accidents
- Collisions with other vehicles
- Running a stop sign or red light
- Driving on the wrong side of the road
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
- Seek medical attention immediately
- Collect all relevant documents, including
- Medical bills
- Police reports
- Evidence of missed work or missed income
- Preserve all evidence of the crash
- Seek legal advice
In California, you have a two-year statute of limitations to file a personal injury claim. If you are injured in a motorcycle accident, you must seek legal advice as soon as possible.
We have decades of experience securing compensation for motorcycle accident victims in California. Our lawyers are just a click away, so contact us online today.