There have been many studies and reports have been conducted on child sexual abuse and most show that many survivors do not speak up and report their abuse. The statistics clearly show that the prevalence of childhood sexual abuse in our society is a great cause for concern. Here’s what you need to know.
Child Sexual Abuse Statistics
- 1 in 5 girls and 1 in 20 boys is a victim of child sexual abuse.
- 20% of adult women and 5-10% of adult men recall a child sexual assault or abuse incident.
- 28% of youths ages 14 to 17 had been sexually victimized throughout their lifetime.
- Children between the ages of 7 and 13 are the most vulnerable to child sexual abuse.
- 3 out of 4 adolescents who have been sexually assaulted were victimized by someone they knew.
Have You Survived Child Sexual Abuse? We Can Help.
Child sexual abuse is a terrifying experience for anyone to ever endure, and the emotional, physical, and psychological damage lasts for years into adulthood. Many survivors repress the memories of abuse and are fearful to ever name their abuser, but survivors do find healing by seeking justice. If you or a loved one has suffered child sexual abuse, we are here to help you hold the responsible parties accountable for their actions so you can move forward.